Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pajamas, Purses & Prayer



Happy Sunday Fun-Day, Everyone! I sure hope your day started out as FUN as mine did! So last night, with B fast asleep beside me, I decided to play on E Bay! Every single time I log on, I type in GUCCI BABOUSHKA BAG, and pray that somewhere in the world...someone is selling one! It's been sold out everywhere...for FOREVER now & I've never been able to forget about it! Last night...my prayers were answered! Much to my surprise...THERE SHE WAS! Like a chorus ringing in my ear....AAAH AAAH AAAH! And she was BEAUTIFUL!  Ha Ha. 


I slept on it, talked to B about it in the morning & made friends with THE SWEETEST girl selling it (You're the best, Diane!), and my Husband, being THE BEST Husband in this ENTIRE world says..."You have to get it, Babe. You've been wanting it forever." Could you just die? I know. YOU ROCK, BABE & I couldn't be more grateful to you & thankful for EVERYTHING you do for me & for EVERYTHING you are to me. I just LOVE you! 

So...clicking "pay now" I went & out the door he went! While he was playing golf, I spent the day visiting with his Parents (my In-Laws).  One of Bobby & my Sunday rituals is having Sunday morning "church" in our pajamas! Our favorite Minister is...


& since his church is in Houston (Texas)...we watch his service at home! Snug like two bugs, in our own cozy bed! Ha Ha. 


After "church" we watched another Minister/Speaker/Author...


who is just as fantastic, but my favorite parts of today was a poem he closed with. It was called ATTITUDE. I went straight to my computer, googled it, & here it is...

The 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud lady, who is fully dressed each morning by eight o'clock, with her hair fashionably coifed and makeup perfectly applied, even though she is legally blind, moved to a nursing home today. Her husband of 70 years recently passed away, making the move necessary.

After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home, she smiled sweetly when told her room was ready. As she maneuvered her walker to the elevator, I provided a visual description of her tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had been hung on her window.

"I love it," she stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having just been presented with a new puppy.

"Mrs. Jones, you haven't seen the room .... just wait."

"That doesn't have anything to do with it," she replied. "Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. Whether I like my room or not doesn't depend on how the furniture is arranged.. it's how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love it ... "It's a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice; I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do.

Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open I'll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I've stored away ... just for this time in my life.

Old age is like a bank account ... you withdraw from what you've put in .. So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories. Thank you for your part in filling my Memory bank. I am still depositing.

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:
1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.



 Isn't that a wonderful, beautiful message? I love it & wanted to share it with you. With my heart full & awaiting my second helping...today is a great day! Sundays in our house are also for watching our new FAVORITE show OF ALL TIME...


If you haven't seen it yet...it is a MUST see! It's a show where real-life Millionaires go undercover for 5-6 days, find charities/projects, areas of need, volunteer at these places, and after their days are up...reveal their true selves & write personal checks & donate their money to help these causes. 


It is AMAZING & B & me are counting down the days until we are able to do the very same thing! WHAT a feeling that would be! But in the meantime...no gift/donation is ever too small! Everywhere you look...someone needs you. A helping hand, a ride somewhere, a few dollars, a hug, and even...a simple smile. You CAN make a difference & we ALL can be our own little versions of a


walking around this earth!  Because after all...that's what we're here for. It's what life is all about. NOTHING you can buy yourself, not even this to die for Gucci bag...will fill your heart the way filling someone else's heart will. I can promise you that! I've been the giver & the recipient & the giver ALWAYS wins! 

One of our favorite guys says..."Find a way to serve the many. For service to many...leads to greatness." -Jim Rohn

So...curl up with your favorite loved ones & experience the ULTIMATE gift of giving! Make sure to grab some tissue! It's THAT good! It starts at 8/9c & it's on ABC . Here's a preview...



Purse Strings & Heart Strings,








No comments: