One of my beautiful friends shared this on Facebook (thank you, Katie), & I thought it was great, & of course…wanted to pass it on to you!
Hope you love it too!
30 Things You Don’t Have to Justify to Anyone
1. Your job. Yes, even if you’re working something that other people condescendingly term “not a real job,” such as retail or service. If you have a job of any kind in this economy, you’ve already won
2. Whether or not you have debt. If you managed to get out of your education debt-free, that doesn’t mean that your life is a financial walk in the park that you constantly have to be apologizing for. If you are in debt, it doesn’t mean you got a “worthless” degree and now deserve to be shamed for struggling to find work after you were convinced by your school that you were making a good decision.
3. The kind of food you enjoy eating, or why you enjoy eating. (No matter how “uncultured” or “boring” or “gross” someone else might deem your favorite food.)
4. Your decision to have children, or not have them, or to not be sure if you even want them.
5. Your dislike for marriage as an institution — and even if this one day changes, you don’t have to justify having grown as a person and moved into a new point of view. No one should be telling you “I told you so” over something as enormous as your decision to commit for life to another person.
6. Your sexuality, or your desire to experiment with it. You are allowed to have “phases” or “try things out” or be “confused,” and can take as much time as you want figuring it out.
7. Your gender presentation.
8. Your income level, and what you can and cannot afford. If you are having trouble keeping up with friends because you are not able to spend as much as them, there is no reason to risk financial ruin to try and keep up appearances.
9. Your body. The only person whom you need to talk to about with it is your doctor; everyone else can else can go kick rocks.
10. Whether or not you want to go out on a weekend night, or ten weekend nights in a row. The amount of time you spend in a bar or at a club does not directly correlate with how cool or worthy a person you are.
11. Your relationship status. If you’re single and happy, that’s great. If you’re in a relationship and happy, that’s great. If you’re either of those and not happy, you are more than allowed to be, and it’s no one’s business how you should “fix” it unless you ask them for their advice.
12. How many friends you have. One is enough. A hundred is enough. And there is no need to falsely upgrade acquaintances to “friend” status in your mind simply to fill out the ranks. A true friend is rare, and we don’t need to make it a competition for who has the most.
13. How much you drink when you go out, or if you drink at all, or why you choose not to drink if you do.
14. What kind of music you enjoy listening to.
15. What kind of an education you have or don’t have, or if you intend to go back and finish what you’ve started. If continuing your studies is something you want to do, good, but don’t be forced into saying that you want it just because it’s what people expect of you.
16. What you happen to be turned on by. If you like slash fiction, you like slash fiction. If you like people recording videos of themselves popping balloons, that’s awesome for you. It’s all good, and as long as you’re not hurting anyone, have at it.
17. Whether or not you know to cook, even if you’re a woman who “should” know how to do those things.
18. If you stay at home to raise your children, or if you hire someone to help you do so because you have a full-time career. Neither of those choices are more or less feminist, no matter what Elizabeth Wurtzel tells you.
19. How many people you have had sex with.
20. Whether or not you are a virgin, and whether or not you want to wait for marriage to lose said virginity.
21. Whether or not you believe in God, and what you think God actually is. (As long as you’re not imposing any of your beliefs on others, in which case we’d have a bit of a problem. But I trust that you’re cool and wouldn’t do that.)
22. Who you voted for and why. If you want to talk about it, you’re free to. But no one should ever make you feel like you have to tell them.
23. If you have sex on a first date, if you kiss on a first date, or if you won’t even hold hands on a first date. You’re allowed to do whatever you like when you’ve just met a new potential suitor.
24. Whether or not you choose to use dating websites.
25. Not knowing exactly what you want to be when you grow up, even if many people would already put you in the category of “grown up.” If you are considering going back to school, or changing careers, or moving, or starting a family, or doing charity work — it’s all good. And none of it has to be followed up with a long winded explanation about why it’s a good idea and they should believe in you. If you need to justify what makes you happy to someone in your life, perhaps you should ask yourself why you even care about their opinion in the first place.
While this list is great… decade III would add five more
26. Changing your mind.If politicians can do it and still live to see another day, so can you. You’re allowed to change your mind after you’ve committed (or uncommitted) to something or someone.
27. Not adhering to societal norms or familial expectations.It’s your life.
28. Your feelings. Own them.
29. Treating yourself, loving yourself, and putting yourself (needs) FIRST.
30. Your age.
What would you add to this list?
If you haven't already…
And because I love you so...
Hope you have an amazing day & you feel as loved as you are!
Ok Kandy Girls (& Guys if you're out there)…here you go!
Mother's Day goodies, because I love you so.
You've shown me more love than words could ever express, and in return…I wanna give you the absolute world! I want you to always know how loved & appreciated you are, and my Giveaways are just a little token. If you're a Mom…perfect. If you're not & want to win this for your Mom, or any special Mom in your life…perfect. If you wanna win this for yourself…perfect.
And…as an added bonus…one of my longtime, oh so sweet Friends…wants to give you something special too!
The beautiful Kristin started her own business working for Lia Sophia & wanted to add to the fun! She picked out these stunning earrings just for you! We love them & we're certain you guys will as well. If you've never heard of Lia Sophia….here are just a few of the reasons they stand out among the rest!
"LIFETIME guarantee on all jewelry. All you need to have is your receipt. Their customer savings plan is AWESOME. Buy 2 items at full price (always your LEAST expensive items) and get up to 4 items at 50% off (always your MOST expensive items). Their hostess benefits are FAB also. Hostesses (catalog parties count too for your readers across the US) get 20% of party sales in free jewelry of their choice. They also get 4 items at hostess only prices all items under $100 are only $15! Plus they get 5 items at 50% off."
This jewelry is perfect for all the special occasions that come up in your life.
For yourself…and for others.
To take a look at all they have to offer…click here.
Also…I know a lot of you girls out there are looking to make some extra money at home & Kristin can even help you set up "online" parties where you can make money on your couch…all by yourself! Sounds awesome to me. What girl doesn't like jewelry! If you're interested at all…you can contact her at her Facebook link below.
So..without further adieu…
Here's what one lucky winner will receive…
A huge "Grab-Bag" of Pamper Goodies!
(Comes with everything you see here & even more that didn't fit.
Even better. Now it'll be a surprise!)
How gorg are these earrings?
PERFECT for this time of year!
Thank you so much, Kristin.
You're a Doll & I'm so happy to be doing another collab with you!
Here's How to Enter!
First & Foremost...
You must be a Follower of my Blog & not just a reader. He He. You have to click "Join This Site" & become an addition to the beautiful, smiling faces...on the left side of my blog! I know a lot of you are unsure as to why you have to "join this site" aka "follow", instead of just reading, but in the blogging world...the only way we gain creditability is by how many "documented" readers/followers we have. It's kinda like reading a magazine in line at the store, but never buying it! LOL! Hope that makes sense. Don't worry though...you won't be bombarded with emails/notifications, etc. In fact...you won't even receive one! So even if you're a guy & want to win any of my giveaways for a special someone in your life...you are more than welcome as well!
The above & below are a must to be eligible & the additional 3 are extra!
HOW TO ENTER:
1) Like "Veronika's Kandy Koated Dreams" on FacebookHERE
Oh how I've missed you. No excuses, no particular reasons…I am just so glad to be here with you today. I sure hope all of you are wonderful, & that your hearts & your worlds…are FILLED with nothing but love. That's all I ever wish for you. There are no words to express just how much all of you mean to me, and how grateful I am that you've stuck with me & have never left my side.
Because of this…I feel like we are "real" friends. Not just names & adorable little faces I see on my screen, but real, beating hearts…who have shown me more love & support that I can even put into words. Truth. I'm still blown away that so many of you take time out of your busy days to spend this time with me. Of all the things you could be doing with your time…I am so honored you choose to spend it here. The fact that some of you say you "look forward to my next post" & like you, sweet Susan…you "miss my posts, & just wanted to say Hi". Believe it or not…that's still crazy to me. I have always dreamed of growing up, & no matter what my profession became…I knew one thing for sure. I wanted to do whatever I could to make a difference in this world, & to inspire & encourage…as many beautiful souls as possible. It amazes me to know that to some of you…I just might be doing that. It's very surreal & oh so special to me, so I just want to say Thank You. Thank you, for being true Friends in my life & for not bailing when times get a little tough & you don't hear from me for a while. Or if I'm a little too busy, or not inspired enough…whatever the case may be. Thank you for accepting me for who I am, & for who I'm not. When I post…you're happy. When I don't…you wait. THAT is everything to me, & I thank you…with all of my heart. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
You see…I often struggle with blogging & whether or not it really is something I should seriously peruse. To do it right, it takes many hours away from "real life" & I've already struggled with trying to reply to all the wonderful love that gets sent my way. (If you're out there, Diana…your package of love is on it's way to you. Thank you so much for your patience & thank you again…for your heartfelt card. I appreciate you so much. And Adriana…I promise yours should be there any day. Things are a lot slower in Texas, but it is coming!) I want to be Superwoman, & be able to do it all, but unfortunately…that's not humanly possible. I have a full time job, which requires lots of travel, a Husband, Family/Friends, my two fur-babies, & a house to run…along with all the rest that all of you have. You know the story. I never want to disappoint anyone or make you (them) think that I am ungrateful in any way, because that's the furthest thing from the truth. Every Blogger's dream is to "grow" their Blog, & be as successful as possible, & in my case…touch as many lives as possible. But then I think…"do I really want that?" If I find it difficult already, imagine if it got even bigger? My greatest fear is that I wouldn't have enough hours in the day to get back to all of you, & just that thought…breaks my heart. I'm one of those people that lives my life in the moment & am never on my phone. I personally think it's so rude to be on your phone constantly, while in the presence of others. With that said though….that also eliminates a lot of time I could be getting back to people. So…what's a girl to do? LOL. I'm a hot mess! And to top it off…I really want to start a YouTube channel! What am I thinking!
So…am I quitting?
HELL TO THE NO!
I love you guys way too much to go anywhere.
You bet your adorable asses Imma make it work!!!
If you can be patient with me…I promise to stick with you. Deal? Eventually I will get back to all of you. For now…it might take a long time…but I will.
Later…I can't make any promises, but just know I will always do everything in my power to show you as much love & appreciation…as you have always shown me! Here's to the day to day…and all that is yet to come.
Oh & a HUGE welcome to the newest additions of our Kandy Family!
I'm so happy you're here & I can't wait to get to know you better.
I couldn't be more excited for you & I thank you, so very much...for being a part of my very special Giveaway! I can't wait to send you your goodies, so if you could send me your address, pretty please...I'll mail this out ASAP! Yeay! Thank you so so much for being a very special part of the VKKD Family & Congratulations, again!
To all of you who entered...I love you, and I thank you, and as you all know...I LOVE me some Giveaways, so this is just the beginning! I think I love it as much as the winners, and I'll do many more! The hardest part for me is only picking one winner at a time, but please don't get discouraged. Stick with me & you're bound to win sometime! Since you guys know I host Giveaways for every new 50 Followers/Friends…that one's coming soon too! I can't believe I've reached 500! YOU GUYS ROCK!!! SO excited! Goods...coming up, so…stay tuned! And how can we forget my LV Giveaway as well! I can't get enough! I just love to share with you guys! Just keep reading & you'll always be notified! Thank you, to each & every one of you, for your endless love, support, & friendship! ALL of you mean the world to me & have made this blogging journey...so much better than I ever dreamed it would be! I look forward to many more years of posts, friendships & hookin' my girls (& guys if you're out there) up!
Love & Hugs to all you Sweethearts & again...a HUGE Congrats to Adriana!
And Because I love you so...
Stay Tuned for a lot more loot for my lovelies!
I'll be back to my "regular scheduled programming" aka non-Giveaway every day posts...very soon!
Only one more to go to "catch up"!
500...here we come! YEAY!
Thank you so much for stickin' with me!
I love & appreciate you all!
Have a beautiful day & week!
Lovin' me a Giveaway & all my Favorite Kandy Girls & Guys,
Hi Gorgeous Readers! I'm so happy you've found my little korner of my world. A place where hearts are protected, dreams are encouraged, and the sun always shines. Sit with me & remember...the best is yet to be!