Sunday, June 19, 2011

To The Man That Loved Me First



HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

To ALL of the Father's out there & of course...to my beautiful Father.
I wrote this little poem/letter, to my Papa a few Father's Days ago, and since I've run out of words to express my love for him a long time ago...it's kind of a tradition now that I continue to share this same poem with him each year. 


To the Man that loved me first,


When I was a tiny little clown, sweet faced and full of love…I was Papa’s girl.
I was. I still am.
I looked to him for my security,
for love and attention,
for the understanding, and the patience I lacked
as a child.
My Papa was the center of my small world,
the focus of my affections,
the star that lit my life, shining bright.
Shining still in my heart.
The years have led me here,
weathered with maturity and responsibilities,
and I see more clearly now.
The hardships, burdens of love,
and all the sacrifices he made for me,
for our family.
He created stability, a place to call home.
All the photographs I browse through, I see a child so blessed, smiling, so happy and so loved.
The mere thought of being without him
is enough to send me cowering, afraid...
looking for guidance.
I turned to my father for support,
advice, wise counsel, and for approval.
Grown up, I see differently now...
A new perspective of a man I have always known.
My heart is full, my emotions overpowering
just in the certainty of that bond.
He's been there for me through all the conflicts
helping me over the rough, ragged stones of growing up.
My respect for him is unending,
faith is unbound, and love is unquestioning.
Even in the midst of all my imperfections, he is lenient,
ignoring the pitfalls, the downfalls, the shortcomings,
he just accepted me as I was, as I am.
The sheer purity of it leaves me awe-struck
and it lifts me up, it holds my head a little higher,
it keeps me in balance,
harmonizing with the world around me
beautifully, like an inspired masterpiece from the soul
of an honest man.
I am honored to know him, to love him, to be of him.
He's my hero, and I am his daughter, his little girl

There are no, nor will ever be…enough words to describe the overwhelming gratitude, admiration, appreciation, respect, and unconditional love…that resides in my heart for only you. There will never be a moment…for the rest of my life, that you won’t be my Papa, and I will need you any less. Whoever said kids only need their Parents for 18 years….never knew about us. You are the epitome of all that embodies a man in my eyes, and I couldn’t be more honored, or more proud to call YOU my Papa. Happy Father's Day, Papa. I love you to heaven…and forever after. 
Your little girl, forever…Veronika 


Papa & Me, dancing to our song...I Loved Her First.


GOOD LORD!!! I will never be able to hear it without crying! 
To the greatest Father I've ever known...Happy Happy Father's Day.
And to all of you & all of your Father's...make sure to hold him extra tight, tell him how much you love him...& enjoy every minute! Love & Hugs to you all! 



One Proud, Extremely Blessed Daughter,


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful <3<3<3

Veronika said...

=) Thank you VERY much, Sweetheart. XO