Wednesday, August 1, 2012

THE POWER OF THE DREAM



Watching the Olympics, or any champion/victory of any sort...always makes want to get right up…& just conquer the world! 
Don't you guys feel that way?
I mean…not just the winning, but the dedication alone…to get there…inspires me beyond belief & makes me want to get off my ass & start doing something…anything…right this second! 
Just like the lighting of the torch…something lights a fire inside me & makes me feel like there's so much I want to do/accomplish, so what in the world is stopping me!  
What is it that makes some of us become these dreams, while the rest of us just…dream.
What turns a spectator into a participant, & why aren't we all "built" that way?

If you've never heard of Jim Rohn…he's (in a nutshell) a life coach, motivational speaker, author, & personal development legend! He's one of Bobby & I's favorite & we SO wished we could have seen him live…just one time. He's recently passed, but his words, & his legacy…will live on forever. Here are some of my very quotes from him about desire & motivation & why only some people succeed, while others spend their entire lives…dreaming.
.
Humans have the remarkable ability to get exactly what they must have. But there is a difference between a "must" and "want."

The best motivation is self-motivation. The guy says, "I wish someone would come by and turn me on." What if they don't show up? You've got to have a better plan for your life.

When you know what you want, and you want it badly enough, you'll find a way to get it.

Motivation alone is not enough. If you have an idiot and you motivate him, now you have a motivated idiot.

If you wish to find, you must search. Rarely does a good idea interrupt you.

Motivation is a mystery. Why does one salesperson see his first prospect at seven in the morning and another salesperson is just getting out of bed at eleven? I don't know. It's part of the mysteries of life.

Give a lecture to a thousand people. One walks out and says, “I'm going to change my life." Another one walks out with a yawn and says, "I've heard all this before." Why is that? Why wouldn't both be affected the same way? Another mystery.

The millionaire says to a thousand people, "I read this book and it started me on the road to wealth." Guess how many go out and get the book? Very few. Isn't that incredible? Why wouldn't everyone get the book? A mystery of life.

My suggestion would be to walk away from the 90% who don't and join the 10% who do.

Without a sense of urgency, desire loses its value. 
.

I don't know about you…but I'm beyond ready to begin to LIVE MY DREAM (S)…& get this party started! 
Some areas of my life are a huge success (Thank You, Jesus!), while others…need some serious work! 
You'll be seeing, not only more of me…but some big changes in my life…& I couldn't be more excited!
This little star is once again…ready to shine!
Who's coming with me?
Life & it's victories…are so much more fun when shared, so let's all do this together
Whatever it is you dream of…start today.
It's a brand new day & a brand new month! 
A perfect time to start all over! 
Start living the life you've always imagined.
If all of these people can do it…YOU can do it!
We are all champions….every single one of us. 
Some of us just realized it sooner.
I love you & I believe in you!

Yesterday the U.S. Olympic women's gymnastics team won their first gold medal since 1996!
YOU GO GIRLS!

And then of course…there's this guy…

"Michael Phelps emerges alone atop podium as history's most decorated Olympian!"


Can you even begin to imagine what that must feel like? What he must feel like? 
A true champion, indeed & the world's biggest props to him! 
.


THE POWER OF THE DREAM

Deep within each heart
There lies a magic spark
That lights the fire of our imagination
And since the dawn of man
The strength of just "I can"
Has brought together people of all nations

There's nothing ordinary
In the living of each day
There's a special part
Every one of us will play

Feel the flame forever burn
Teaching lessons we must learn
To bring us closer to the power of the dream
As the world gives us its best
To stand apart from all the rest
It is the power of the dream that brings us here

Your mind will take you far
The rest is just pure heart
You'll find your fate is all your own creation
And every boy and girl
As they come into this world
They bring the gift of hope and inspiration

Feel the flame forever burn
Teaching lessons we must learn
To bring us closer to the power of the dream
The world in lights and hope and peace
We'll pray that you will always be
It is the power of the dream that brings us here

There's so much strength in all of us
Every woman child and man
It's the moment that you think you can't
You'll discover that you can

Feel the flame forever burn
Teaching lessons we must learn
(To bring us closer to) the power of the dream
The world in lights and hope and peace
(We'll pray that) it will always be
It is the power of the dream that brings us here

Feel the flame (forever burn)
Teaching (lessons we must learn)
(To bring us closer to) the power of the dream
(The world in lights and hope and peace)
We'll pray that it will always be
(It is) the power of the dream that brings us,

(The power of the dream)
(The faith in things unseen)
(The courage to embrace your fear)
(No matter where you are)
(To reach for your own star)
To realize the power of the dream
To realize the power of the dream
.

With tears in my eyes, chills on my arms, & all the love in my heart…
I wish for all of us, to FINALLY, once & for all…begin to "reach for our own star"…& make our dreams come true! 

You only have one life…and you're already living it!
No practices, No dress-rehersals…No "do-overs"…this is it.
Make it count!

And remember…it is never too late to start living the life you've always dreamed of!
NEVER too late to become what you "wanted to be when you grew up".
NEVER too late to start over. Today. Right this minute. 


&
On a quick side note…
Don't forget to enter my "Indian Summer" Giveaway!
Click on picture for all info! 




Beginning to truly LIVE MY DREAM... 
Your Biggest Fan & Eternal Cheerleader,


No comments: