Friday, June 1, 2012

Cookies & Cream Popcorn!




Warning: this snack is highly addictive and could cause awesomeness overload- a rare, but critical side effect to snack awesomeness. Munch with caution.
 If you love Oreos...this is right up your alley! 

Hey Gorgeous Ones! Happy Friday! 
Ok...so I gotta be honest. As much as I can't wait to see Snow White & The Huntsman...I am not going to fight the crowds tonight. So...if you're staying in like me...here's a little something fun to make your night/weekend...extra sweet! 
Remember when I made "Pink Popcorn"? If not...you can read all about it's yummy-ness, here. If you're more of a chocolate/oreo fan...this one's for you! Me...not so much...LOL...but everyone else loves it! 

Cookies and Cream Popcorn
1 bag popcorn, popped (I used the Fluffy White variety)
6 ounces white chocolate candy coating
10-15 Oreos, crushed or roughly chopped (I used the Springtime Oreos with yellow cream, which is why my popcorn has a bumble bee-type look) 

Place the popped popcorn and Oreos in a large bowl. Heat the white chocolate candy coating in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted and smooth.
Drizzle the white chocolate bark over the popcorn/Oreo mixture and stir to coat. Dump out on a large sheet of wax paper and spread into a single layer. Let cool and harden. Break into small pieces and serve.



Just To Clarify...
White chocolate candy coating (or almond bark) can be found on the baking aisle next to the chocolate chips and nuts. It comes in 12 ounce packages, usually in 1 large block (it sort of resembles a large ice tray). You can use regular chocolate chips, but you’ll have to refrigerate it to harden it before serving.

PERFECT for Movie Nights, or a Sleepover Surprise!
Let me know if you end up making it & if you love it!


Also...
I have an awesome Giveaway going on right now, so don't forget to enter!
You won't want to miss out!
Click here...or the picture below!




Enjoy this beautiful night! 
XO




HUGE Love & Hugs,







3 comments:

Unknown said...

O.M.G. This looks SO good!!! I'm like you though. I'm not a huge fan of chocolate; I like sweet things but more like blueberry or strawberry flavored. But I LOVE Oreos!!! When I get back to the mainland, the grocery store will have to be my first stop :o)

Elizabeth {Ms Classic Glamour} said...

YUM! I love Oreos and this might send my love for them into overdrive. Wonderful and delicious post, Hun!
Have a beautiful weekend!
xoxo

Heather said...

Oh WOW! Really WOW! Avery and I are going to make this for our next summer movie night! How fun! Thanks so much for this! Hugs, Heather