Sunday, May 27, 2012

To Remember.




.

FOR YOU

All I saw was smoke and fire; I didn't feel a thing,
but suddenly I was rising higher.
And I felt like I'd just made the biggest mistake
when I though about my unborn child;

when I thought about my wife.
And the answer rang out clear
from somewhere up above:
No greater gift has man, but to lay down his life for love.

And I wonder, would I give my life?
Could I make that sacrifice?
If it came down to it, could I take the bullet, I would.
Yes I would for you.

Maybe you don't understand
I don't understand it all myself.
But there's a brother on my left and another on my right.
And in his pocket just like mine, he's got a photograph.
And they're waiting for him back home.

And it's weighing on my mind.
I'm not trying to be a hero;
I don't wanna die.
But right now in this moment, you don't think twice.

I wonder, would I give my life?
Could I make that sacrifice?
If it came down to it, could I take the bullet, I would.
Yes I would.

You don't think about right; you don't think about wrong.
You just do what you gotta do to defend your own.
And I'd do the same for you -
Yes I would.

I would give my life.
I would make that sacrifice.
'Cause if it came down to it, could I take the bullet, I would.
Yes I would do it for you.
I'd do it for you

.

As you celebrate tomorrow...please take some time to remember all of those who are the reason behind our day off...& our freedom. For all of our Soldiers-past, present & future...I love you all...and I am eternally grateful. "Thank You" will never be enough. For all the "Soldiers" at home...I have NO IDEA how you do it & my heart & prayers...go out to you as well. "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." -Hamilton Fish ♥ 
God Bless The USA!  



One Proud & Grateful American,


3 comments:

Elizabeth {Ms Classic Glamour} said...

AMEN!! I'm so proud to be an American! We truly are a great nation with Godly roots, I don't care what people say. God bless the USA!
Beautiful post and poem!
xoxo

Veronika said...

I HEARD THAT, SISTER!!! =) AMEN...to every word! =) Thank you so much! Hope you had a perfect weekend to celebrate! XO

Jenna said...

This is so beautiful. I always swell with immense pride on these days of remembrance/holidays. I am an Army Wife and nothing touches me more than those who support, and are grateful, for our troops.

Thank you so much for posting this!

xoxo